When starting a new project, you always have to consider whether or not your tools are suitable for the task at hand. For instance, you can’t easily cut wood that is too thick or too large for the size of your saw. Otherwise, you may find yourself losing time on a workaround or spending money on a more appropriate tool. In order to avoid that situation, we advise that you understand the limitations of your tools before purchasing materials. Our saw blade size chart will provide you with the minimum diameter for popular board heights. Whether you’re using a circular saw, table saw, miter saw, or radial-arm saw, this guide will give you the minimum saw blade size for popular board heights
- Reminder – a saw blade’s radius is half its diameter
- The max depth for cutting into a board is the saw blade’s radius
- Circular-shaped saw blades are sized by their diameter
- Be sure to always read the instructions manual before using a new saw.
- Seek out professional help prior to operating an unfamiliar cutting device.
- Always wear safety glasses & a dust mask when cutting wood or other materials.
- Rely on push sticks and clamps to keep your hands distant from the saw blade.
Home » DIY Tutorials & Work Shop Resources » Woodworking » Saw Blade Size Guide for Power Saws
You must log in to post a comment.